Monday, December 5, 2011

holiday 2011{our mantel}

I kept the mantel pretty simple this year.
I love the mixture of green hydrangeas, white lunch bag flowers {tutorial found here}, white milk glass vases & the pop of green, red, and aqua colors.
Rather than making a fabric banner, I opted to use clothespins and hang pinecones and dangle these cute little grey bearded Santas from Ikea.


Trust me, having that silly tv hanging up as per my husband's 'one of a few requests,' I could do wonders with this area.  Ahh, I visualize old windows, shutters, & even big tall clear vases filled with pretties.
thanks for letting me share :)





XOXO, 
Kate 



5 comments:

  1. Your mantel is beautiful! I love the white frame and the white flowers. I need to learn how to make those!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh gosh, believe me i feel ya with the tv. i hate only being able to decorate around the sides. great idea with the pinecone garland-i use them from fall straight thru winter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the mantle this year -- it's fun to look at, attractive, and was fun to watch you put together. Well done mumsy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your mantle is darling! What a lovely way to get in the Christmas mood. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Simple but so elegant! Let me tell you so few of us can decorate a matel with a TV! Would love love love for you to share this at our party going on now http://gardenberger.blogspot.com/2011/12/damask-stenciled-curtain-tutorial.html. Best, My

    ReplyDelete